matt (E/P-01-5-xxxxx), and
Ekolak coatings with average mechanical properties (E/P-04-1-xxxxx)
- Base: binding on the basis of saturated polyester resins and epoxy resin, specially selected according to their good chemical resistance and the resistance to discolouring (becoming yellowish) in the stoving process.
- Colour shade: according to RAL-card or according to the sample.
- Packaging: 25 kg cartons or big-bags of 500 kg.
- Density (DIN 55 990/3): 1,2 to 1,7 g/cm3, depending upon the shade.
- Yield: 9,8 to 13,8 m2/kg at coat thickness of 60 µm, depending on the shade.
- Granulation (DIN 55 990/2, vacuum sieve): remainings at the 40 µm sieve......40-55 %.
- Method of application: traditional CORONA procedure, negative voltage 30-100 kV, possible supply of powder adequate for TRIBO system of application.
- Stoving conditions: 190 °C/10 min, object temperature for matt, semi-matt and semi-gloss quality, and 180 °C/10 min for E/P-04-1-xxxxx.
- Storage time: 12 months at the temperature below 25 °C.
Mechanical and technological features of the Epoxy/Polyester Ekolak:
To determine its mechanical properties the Ekolak was applied to the 0,6 mm thick cold-rolled metal sheet degreased with acetone, and stoved in the oven at the temperature of 190 °C for 10 min, i.e. it was submitted to the conditions, required for the particular type of the Ekolak.
- Coat thickness: 55-80 µm
- Gloss (DIN 67 530, ISO 2813): 10-90% at the angle of 60°
- Hardness on Bucholz scale (DIN 53 153): minimum 91
- T-bend: minimum T3-OK/OK
- Impact test (DIN 55 669): direct: minimum 50 cm x kg
indirect: minimum 50 cm x kg
- Adhesion (DIN 53 151): Gt 0
Chemical resistance and resistance to household stains:
Plates with applied Ekolak coating were exposed to the reactive agent for 48 hours, then cleaned. The surface of the coating was scrutinized according to the modifications.