high gloss (PE/P-01-1-xxxxx),
rough structured (PE/P-21-4-xxxx) and
fine structured (PE/P-11-5xxxx)
- Base: binding on the basis of saturated polyester resins, specially selected according to their resistance to the weather conditions and UV radiation
- Colour shade: according to RAL-card or according to the sample
- Packaging: 25 kg cartons or big-bags of 500 kg
- Density (DIN 55 990/3): 1,2 to 1,7 g/cm3, depending upon the shade.
- Yield: 9,8 to 13,8 m2/kg at coat thickness of 60 µm, depending on the shade.
- Granulation (Malvern particle sizer): above 40 µm....40-55 %
- Method of application: traditional CORONA procedure, negative voltage 30-100 kV, possible supply of powder adequate for TRIBO system of application (mark T i.e. PE/P -01-1-XXXXXT).
- Stoving conditions: 180 °C/10 min, object temperature, more reactive coating available upon request with stoving temperature 160 °C/10 min.
- Storage time: 12 months at the temperature below 25 °C for standard coatings, 6 months at the temperature below 25 °C for low stoving coatings.
Mechanical and technological features of the Polyester/HAA Ekolak:
To determine its mechanical properties the Ekolak was applied to the 0,6 mm thick cold-rolled metal sheet degreased with acetone, and stoved in the oven at the temperature of 180 °C for 10 min, i.e. it was submitted to the conditions, required for the particular type of the Ekolak.
- Coat thickness: 55-80 µm (60-90 µm for structured coatings)
- Gloss (DIN 67 530, ISO 2813): 60-90 % at the angle of 60°
- Hardness on Bucholz scale (DIN 53 153): minimum 91
- T-bend: minimum T2-OK/OK
- Impact test (DIN 55 669): direct: minimum 100 cm x kg
indirect: minimum 100 cm x kg
- Adhesion (DIN 53 151): Gt 0
Resistance to the weather conditions - accelerated aging, QUV test; Test conditions:
cycle - 8h UV at 60 °C + 4h 100% humidity at 40 °C, used bulbs: UV A 340 (340 nm)
Changes in the gloss intensity in dependance to the accelerated aging is shown in the following chart:
These instructions are the result of years of research and testing in our laboratories. We may not assume responsibility for the results of your work due to the different methods of work and application of different materials. We reserve the right to any alterations and improvements we may find appropriate.