high gloss (E/PE-01-1-xxxxx),
rough structured (E/P-21-4-xxxxx),
fine structured (E/P-11-5-xxxxx) and
Ekolak coatings with improved chemical properties (E/P-01-2-xxxxx),
with improved mechanical properties (E/P-01-3-xxxxx),
with improved coating of edges (E/P-01-5-xxxxx), and
the quality for low stoving (E/P-01-6-xxxxx)
- Base: based on saturated polyester resins and epoxy resin, specially selected according to their good chemical resistance and the resistance to yellowing in the stoving process.
- Colour shade: according to RAL-card or according to the sample.
- Packaging: 25 kg cartons or big-bags of 500 kg
- Density (DIN 55 990/3): 1,2 to 1,7 g/cm3, depending upon the shade.
- Yield: 9,8 to 13,8 m2/kg at coat thickness of 60 µm, depending on the shade.
- Granulation (Malvern particle sizer): particles above 40 µm sieve......40-55 %.
- Method of application: traditional CORONA procedure, negative voltage 30-100 kV, possible supply of powder adequate for TRIBO method of application.
- Stoving conditions: 180 °C/10 min, object temperature, more reactive coating available upon request with stoving temperature 160 °C/10 min.
- Shelf life: 12 months at the temperature below 25 °C for standard coatings, 6 months at the temperature below 25 °C for low stoving coatings.
Mechanical and technological features of the Epoxy/Polyester Ekolak:
To determine its mechanical properties the Ekolak was applied to the 0,6 mm thick cold-rolled metal sheet degreased with acetone, and stoved in the oven at the temperature of 180 °C for 10 min, i.e. it was submitted to the conditions, required for the particular type of the Ekolak.
- Coat thickness: 55-80 µm (60-90 µm for structured coatings)
- Gloss (DIN 67 530, ISO 2813): 60-90% at the angle of 60°.
- Hardness on Bucholz scale (DIN 53 153): minimum 91
- T-bend:minimum T2-OK/OK
- Impact test (DIN 55 669): direct: minimum 100 cm x kg
indirect: minimum 100 cm x kg
- Adhesion (DIN 53 151): Gt 0
Compliance with hygienic and medical requirements:
The coating was tested for hygienic and health hazard at the INSTITUTE FOR HEALTH PROTECTION OF THE REPUBLIC OF SLOVENIA. The results indicate that the coating is irreproachable regarding health and hygiene. Migrations of all substances into the trial solution, as required by the test, were below the maximum permitted readings.A copy of the original Report from the Institute may be obtained on request.
Chemical resistance and resistance to household stains:
Plates with applied Ekolak coating were exposed to the reactive agent for 48 hours, then cleaned. The surface of the coating was scrutinized according to the modifications.